locked Re: Telegraph calls

Ron Stafford

Hi Bob,

Yes, I have a nice collection of employee TT's and those have come in handy as well. I wasn't aware of Allen's 1912 station list, I'll have to email him and see if he'll send me a copy. He and I have been corresponding for many years. 

Ron

-----Original Message-----
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Mar 2, 2022 9:44 am
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Telegraph calls

Ron:

Welcome to the "mining club" so to speak. I have likewise been doing the same type of thing for several divisions I have been chasing down the many rabbit holes of chance.

In addition to The RR Telegrapher, try these: employee timetables, the 1912 full listing of stations, etc. for the entire system that I think Allen Stanley has on-line, and occasionally writers of the day who wrote their tales and referred to their stations often by their call letters, and I am sure there are a few others I can't recall at the moment. I have been chasing down the Washington and Danville divisions (only part of Danville) and like to think I have close to all. Occasionally you also have one here and there that changed its call letter or letters just to confuse the future historians like us.

My 2 cents worth.

Bob Cohen

Join main@SouthernRailway.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.