I'd be interested in any telegrapher information related to the Hendersonville, NC station. We can put it with our telegraph setup.

In our museum, we have a telegraphy station set up with 1920s key and sounder using a touchscreen monitor and tiny computer. The user is prompted with phrases, the letter desired and the code needed to be keyed in and they can see the code as they do so. It is set to a very slow speed so almost anyone can do it within a word or two - especially as young as 6 y/o.

John Pezzano

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022, at 12:45 AM, Ron Stafford via groups.io wrote:
Hi Bob,

Yes, I have a nice collection of employee TT's and those have come in handy as well. I wasn't aware of Allen's 1912 station list, I'll have to email him and see if he'll send me a copy. He and I have been corresponding for many years.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Cohen Bob via groups.io <orl96782@...>
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Mar 2, 2022 9:44 am
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Telegraph calls

Ron:

Welcome to the "mining club" so to speak. I have likewise been doing the same type of thing for several divisions I have been chasing down the many rabbit holes of chance.

In addition to The RR Telegrapher, try these: employee timetables, the 1912 full listing of stations, etc. for the entire system that I think Allen Stanley has on-line, and occasionally writers of the day who wrote their tales and referred to their stations often by their call letters, and I am sure there are a few others I can't recall at the moment. I have been chasing down the Washington and Danville divisions (only part of Danville) and like to think I have close to all. Occasionally you also have one here and there that changed its call letter or letters just to confuse the future historians like us.

My 2 cents worth.

Bob Cohen