From: mike turner <michaellturner@...>
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Mar 28, 2022 6:57 pm
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] History of Signature colors

To add to the historical murkiness, back around 2008 I attended a
British train exhibition in Taunton UK and wore my SRHA shirt.

Three men approached me and said they they were confused by my
strange-to-them shirt.

One said he was an officer of the British Southern Railway historical
group and one of their their questions was about the green paint scheme.

They said their understanding was it was the other way around and their
railroad's president visited over here, saw the American green scheme,
and ordered their engines painted likewise.

I have no idea if he was pulling my leg (fool the Yank) or what.

They all got a good laugh out of an American version of the story.

We know what both railroads did, more or less. We just don't know who
copied whom, if anyone did. :)

Personally, I'll go with Adrian's opinion.

--
Mike Turner
MP-Z35