moderated Re: Need SOUTHERN block lettering height

George Eichelberger

Jim:

Not a particularly “pretty” drawing. As the SR did with repaints, it is a “generic” drawing rather than one for different car series but the dimensions are readable. Always measuring up from the side sill and using the car’s center line provides for different car dimensions.

Please remember to credit SRHA.

Ike

On Apr 24, 2019, at 12:34 PM, Jim King <jimking3@...> wrote:

What is the height of SOUTHERN and main road number used on 41-6 low side gons?  I’ve guesstimated the height based on the carbody height but never have seen a stenciling diagram for this car.  I have letters and numbers designed, just need to verify height to wrap up decal artwork.

Does SRHA have a stenciling diagram for 57000- and 58000-series with block font?  I don’t have a drawing number.

Jim King