locked Re: Southern Railway Prince book reprints - takers??

George Eichelberger

I’d suggest you look at the Murphy Branch Valuation maps. Virtually anything that had a siding since 1916 will be shown on them.

Ike

On Jun 24, 2022, at 12:02 PM, Michael Roderick <mdrghost@...> wrote:

Ike:

You are correct google is a tool to use, just as well as using the archive's of the universities in the south that will let you into their libraries via the internet. This is how I have found a lot of information on the Murphy Branch of the Southern Railroad, but it's still hard because it's limited access to the material, and what I am looking for now is historical information as in what businesses where being served on the Branch during the 20-30's Sanborn Maps help but they are not as complete as everyone thinks. So I have to look at the Courthouse's Records and Newspapers and that takes time to research just like at the archives at Chattanooga.

Mike Roderick
Modeling the Murphy Branch
Of the Southern Railroad

-----Original Message-----
From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io> On Behalf Of George Eichelberger
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2022 11:46
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Southern Railway Prince book reprints - takers??

Mike:

I’m not disagreeing with you but unless “working remotely” includes something more than Google searches, how does it add to our knowledge?

Ike

On Jun 24, 2022, at 11:33 AM, Michael Roderick <mdrghost@...> wrote:

Ike:

True, But you have helped me with a bunch of stuff in the past and steered me in the right direction while going on this hunt for information, but it brings me back to the real question that while we a spread out wee need to be able to work together as a group on this type of project weather we are in Chattanooga or Indiana we all have some skin in the game because we all love this railroad and want to preserve it's history for other's read and understand the good, bad, and ugly of what it was all about and yes their was some things that was done that the railroad was not proud of doing back then but that was what was called business of railroading.

Mike Roderick
Modeling the Murphy Branch
Of the Southern Railroad