locked Re: History Book?

A&Y Dave in MD

Clark,

Southern Railway: The Road of the Innovators by Burke Davis is like that.   You may also enjoy "The Great Richmond Terminal: Foundation of The Southern Railway" by Maury Klein.  They can be found for reasonable prices in used bookstores (or online at Alibris, Abe's Books, or sometimes Amazon and eBay).

Dave

Friday, June 24, 2022, 4:30:21 PM, you wrote:

Hello, I am interested in reading about the history of Southern Railway. Can anyone suggest a book like this? I did an online service and it mostly brings up illustrated history books, but I am looking for the stories about the operations, management, mergers, etc. Something like a novel, but non-fiction of course. Thanks!