locked Re: Southern 1380

Don Yelverton

Will,

If you do a search on Ebay for "Southern Tennessean" you'll find a photo of the 1380 sitting still intact supposedly waiting to be scrapped. Not sure if the photo was taken in Spencer or not. There are 4 smokestacks showing on a building in the background, could be part of a roundhouse, I suppose.

Don Yelverton

On Saturday, July 9, 2022, 02:50:18 PM EDT, Will Kesler <williamkesler354@...> wrote:

I heard stories on how 1380 was moved into the Spencer roundhouse in 1953 and left. Apparently the workers sort of hid it from management. Once the managers saw it they ordered it scrapped. Course that’s only what I’ve heard. Can anyone clarify if that really happened? And did any part or piece of 1380 get preserved?