locked Re: Southern 1380

George Eichelberger

“Summer” of 53” corresponds to a “3” or “7” in the Parrish notebook scan 10 (attached)…

Ike

On Jul 10, 2022, at 11:04 AM, Don Yelverton via groups.io <donyelverton@...> wrote:

Bob,
The first photo in Will's email late yesterday shows the 1380 in a scrap line with the tender from 856 and most of the stainless removed from the locomotive.

Don Yelverton

On Sunday, July 10, 2022, 10:50:34 AM EDT, Cohen Bob via groups.io <orl96782@...> wrote:

I can't recall where or when I saw this photo of 1380 albeit with a different than in service tender, but it was sitting in the scrap line in Alexandria in the Summer of 1953, out in the open in the Southern's Alexandria yards. There were a bunch of other retired steamers also sitting in the dead line.

Bob Cohen