locked Re: Southern 1380

James

I agree, Jack.  Look at the entries for 1386, 1393 and 1394.  1393 noted with standard stoker and 1386 with Hanna stoker.  1394 is noted with an Elesco water heater, so I would say the W means a Worthington FWH.  Not sure what MG is but maybe the valve gear?

On Jul 10, 2022, at 13:32, C J Wyatt <cjwyatt@...> wrote:

Second column seems to be type of stoker.

Jack Wyatt

On Sunday, July 10, 2022 at 01:30:30 PM EDT, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

Don:

That’s an excellent question I KNEW someone would ask! Unfortunately, there is no “key” to his notations in the notebook My guess (other than the “retired” entries) is that they refer to “funeral train” descriptions but I don’t have much confidence in that.

Ike

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC