moderated Re: Washington, DC Lafayette Park drawing

Kenneth W McIlvoy <theashcat@...>

In 40 years with Amtrak I was at the beautiful Southern Railway headquarters many times.  It doesn’t surprise me that they would have drawings of nearby parks. They were just very detail-oriented people.

From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io [mailto:main@SouthernRailway.groups.io] On Behalf Of George Eichelberger
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:36 AM
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Subject: [SouthernRailway] Washington, DC Lafayette Park drawing

We have mentioned the rare and unusual items to be found in the SRHA archives before. Here is an example of "unusual". Why the Southern prepared a drawing (attached) of the
the trees in Lafayette Park (directly across Pennsylvania Ave. from the White House) is unknown. The Southern Railway headquarters building (sold) is to the left.

If anyone is interested in working on a TIES article related to any of the contracts that have been scanned, we can attempt to locate a corresponding Presidents file at the June work session. At last weekend's work session, I was pleased to find a number of files that corresponded to the different contracts. A new list of scanned contracts will be posted next week.

If anyone is interested in working on a TIES article related to any of the contracts, we can attempt to locate a corresponding Presidents file at the June work session. Please contact me off list at archives@...

While it is hard to predict how much research time anyone can spend in the archives during the SRHA convention, everyone is welcome to come to the archives "grand opening" at 10:00AM Saturday the 1st of June. Convention details are ln the SRHA web site at www.srha.net.