moderated Re: Washington, DC Lafayette Park drawing

Kenneth W McIlvoy <theashcat@...>

Their loss.

From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io [mailto:main@SouthernRailway.groups.io] On Behalf Of George Eichelberger
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 05:39 PM
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Washington, DC Lafayette Park drawing

After NS moved out of the building, the people that purchased it contacted us for help with Southern Railway photos, maps, etc. to put in the lobby to recognize the history of the building. We sent them a good selection but the owner decided not to follow up.

Here are two photos from the archives:

On May 22, 2019, at 5:10 PM, Kenneth W McIlvoy <theashcat@...> wrote:

In 40 years with Amtrak I was at the beautiful Southern Railway headquarters many times.  It doesn’t surprise me that they would have drawings of nearby parks. They were just very detail-oriented people.