locked Re: Looking for Asheville Division train sheets from the 40s and 50s

C J Wyatt

Sounds like a Conductor's Train Book.

Are the locomotives on your train 857-871 ?

Jack Wyatt

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 05:04:12 PM EDT, Jim King <jimking3@...> wrote:

I was sent a scan of a January 5, 1944 consist of 1 train (a double-headed extra) on the Murphy Branch that is a great help trying to determine what was going on during the Fontana Dam construction years.

Does anyone on this list have others?  These are not “train sheets” per se … not a listing of all trains in/out of a terminal, yard, or along the line.  This is an itemized list of engines, caboose, and all cars in the consist with commodities hauled and destination.  Essentially, it’s a long switch list plus engines, cab, and crew names.  Great for modeling but I’m interested only in the historical application.

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/