moderated Southern Rwy. HW passenger car decals, Gothic (block), HO scale

C J Wyatt

Some of you may remember that a couple of decades ago I tried to produce a Southern Railway heavyweight baggage-express HO kit in resin, but did not complete the project. I had decals printed by Rail Graphics for the car in Southern's gothic (block style) with imitation gold color. These would be good from 1941 until Southern started using the metallic appearing Scotchcal in mid-1956. The decals are very good and accurate. I scanned Southern Rwy. drawings of the letters and figuresĀ  from the SRHA archives and traced over them with a CAD program to produce the artwork. Unfortunately I did not include items to make it a general purpose set, but it is good for baggage-express cars and also Southern Railway coaches if you can find a 3/4 in. decal stripe to be used on the bottom of the coach side, or paint and mask one yourself.

I've decided to sell off my stock of them. If anyone is interested, send me an email by hitting the 'reply to sender' button. Please be careful not to post to the group instead. Images are attached. My car side with the decals applied has suffered from being tossed in a box, but you can get the picture.

Jack Wyatt