moderated 1945 timetable info needed

Charles Powell

I am helping a writer friend with a historical novel that takes place in 1945. His characters are going from Warm Springs, GA to Washington, DC. So far I have found a 1950s SR passenger Timetable that shows the line from McDonough GA to Columbus, GA as freight only. I am guessing that there might still have been passenger service in the 1940s. Does anybody have 1940s passenger timetable or know where online I could find the info? If SR was still running passenger trains to Columbus would they originated out of Atlanta or would you have to change trains at McDonough? Any help would be appreciated.
Charlie Powell