moderated Re: 1945 timetable info needed

C J Wyatt

The May 1945 Official Guide shows train no. 24 departing Warm Springs GA at 9:37 am and arriving Atlanta at 12:30 pm. If the passenger is going via Pullman, No. 38, The Crescent, departed Atlanta at 1:35 pm. The passenger could catch No. 40 leaving at 1:55 pm if traveling in coach, but No. 40 also had a diner as far as Charlotte, as well as a NY Pullman line and a DC one, too.

Do you have a specific date in 1945 which you are looking for?

Jack Wyatt

On Saturday, June 29, 2019, 12:21:39 PM EDT, Charles Powell <charlesspowell@...> wrote:

I am helping a writer friend with a historical novel that takes place in 1945. His characters are going from Warm Springs, GA to Washington, DC. So far I have found a 1950s SR passenger Timetable that shows the line from McDonough GA to Columbus, GA as freight only. I am guessing that there might still have been passenger service in the 1940s. Does anybody have 1940s passenger timetable or know where online I could find the info? If SR was still running passenger trains to Columbus would they originated out of Atlanta or would you have to change trains at McDonough? Any help would be appreciated.
Charlie Powell