locked Low side gons

Jim King

Bill … glad you recorded the former SOU numbers on the remaining 6 ESHR gons.  That’s important when determining heritage.  These cars had a very long-running history, some starting in 1924 as 9-rib bodies and lasting into the 90s in MOW service (the last 2 cars I show were in 1992 rolling thru Swannanoa with loads of ties).  The ends are the key to understanding some of their heritage; the road numbers “finish the investigation”, IMO.  I’m sure TVRM will accurately restore these cars now that the last road numbers are known.  If they need help with those projects, let me know and I can send hi-rez pix to the “point person”.

Jim King

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com