locked Re: Enoree River

Bill Schafer

Doug:

The Southern does indeed cross the Eno River, at Hillsborough, N.C., just east of Durham. The railroad crossed more rivers than it owned sleeping cars, so not every river received the honor of having a car named after it!

—Bill

On Aug 16, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Doug Alexander <doug_alexander@...> wrote:

Richard,

Southern named their 10-6 Pullman cars for rivers the railroad crossed.  There were scores of them.  And of course, not a one comes to mind at this moment.  But I don't know of an Eno River on the Southern.  There was an Enory River, I think....

Ah well.

Doug A.

On Friday, August 16, 2019, 03:52:03 PM EDT, rmorris_1 <rmorris52@...> wrote:

Walthers has a decal sheet for a "Eno River."  Was there another car with a very similar name?  I wouldn't have thought so to avoid confusion.
Trying to detail a car.

Richard Morris