moderated Re: Enoree River

Doug Alexander

So Bill, was there in fact a 10-6 named “Eno River”? I don’t recall any by that name

Doug Alexander

Sent from my portable UNIVAC Computational Machine.

On Aug 16, 2019, at 4:34 PM, Bill Schafer <bill4501@...> wrote:

Doug:

The Southern does indeed cross the Eno River, at Hillsborough, N.C., just east of Durham. The railroad crossed more rivers than it owned sleeping cars, so not every river received the honor of having a car named after it!

—Bill

On Aug 16, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Doug Alexander <doug_alexander@...> wrote:

Richard,

Southern named their 10-6 Pullman cars for rivers the railroad crossed.  There were scores of them.  And of course, not a one comes to mind at this moment.  But I don't know of an Eno River on the Southern.  There was an Enory River, I think....

Ah well.

Doug A.

On Friday, August 16, 2019, 03:52:03 PM EDT, rmorris_1 <rmorris52@...> wrote:

Walthers has a decal sheet for a "Eno River."  Was there another car with a very similar name?  I wouldn't have thought so to avoid confusion.
Trying to detail a car.

Richard Morris