If Ike was all that with Photoshop, he’d have shown us a photo of the Eichelberger River!

Doug Alexander

Sent from my portable UNIVAC Computational Machine.

On Aug 16, 2019, at 11:35 PM, Jim Thurston <jthurston@...> wrote:

I assumed that the original post on this topic had a typo in the subject line, and that it should have read "Emory River" - but no one ever corrected it.

On the other hand, Ike posted a photo of the "Emory River" car. Reasonable evidence that a car by that name existed - although Ike is pretty good with Photoshop.

Geographically, there is such a thing as the "Enoree River" (in SC), but evidence a car was given that name does not seem to have emerged.

Jim Thurston

From: "Doug Alexander" <doug_alexander@...>
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 11:04:48 PM
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Enoree River

So Bill, was there in fact a 10-6 named “Eno River”? I don’t recall any by that name

Doug Alexander

Sent from my portable UNIVAC Computational Machine.

On Aug 16, 2019, at 4:34 PM, Bill Schafer <bill4501@...> wrote:

Doug:

The Southern does indeed cross the Eno River, at Hillsborough, N.C., just east of Durham. The railroad crossed more rivers than it owned sleeping cars, so not every river received the honor of having a car named after it!

—Bill

On Aug 16, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Doug Alexander <doug_alexander@...> wrote:

Richard,

Southern named their 10-6 Pullman cars for rivers the railroad crossed.  There were scores of them.  And of course, not a one comes to mind at this moment.  But I don't know of an Eno River on the Southern.  There was an Enory River, I think....

Ah well.

Doug A.

On Friday, August 16, 2019, 03:52:03 PM EDT, rmorris_1 <rmorris52@...> wrote:

Walthers has a decal sheet for a "Eno River."  Was there another car with a very similar name?  I wouldn't have thought so to avoid confusion.
Trying to detail a car.

Richard Morris