locked Re: Enoree River

James

The David Randall guide states Southern purchased 24(2400 - 2423) of the 46 10-6 sleepers in the order.
Here are the names of the rivers from the Wiley and Wallace guidebook:
Alphalha
Altamaha
Dan
Catawba
Enoree
Flint
Omulgee
Otter
Pacolot
Potomac
Rapidian
Rivanna
Saluda
Seneca
Shenandoah
Rappahannock
St. John’s
Tiger
Tombigbee
Tugalo
Tye
Yadkin
York
Warrior

The CNOTP 3400 cars, 3400 - 3404:

Emory
French Broad
Coosa
Holston
Etowan

I pose this question to the group.  The Royal Arch was rebuilt to a 11 Bedroom sleeper from an observation car of the same name.  This car was involved in a wreck and my understanding is the York river was rebuilt to 11 bedroom to replace the Royal Arch.  Is this true?  The 11 bedroom Royal Arch is at the museum in Spencer should then be originally the York River.

James Wall

There's a diagram for the 10-Roomette-6 Double Bedroom car Enoree River (along with all the other cars in the series) in the 1956 Southern Railway passenger car diagram book in my possession, also a listing for the car in the 1961 Pullman Official List.

There's also a photo of the car on page 75 of David Randall's The Official Pullman-Standard Library - Vol. 7, Southeast Roads.

Bob Hanson
Loganville, GA