locked Re: Southeastern Railway Museum

MIke,

I wonder why they didn’t return this locomotive back to the basement of the Cyclorama building in Grant Park.

Ed Locklin at mp367.

From: Mike Pierry, Jr.
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:45 PM
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Southeastern Railway Museum

Jason is technically correct. The display was however,
designed to make viewing the locomotive possible without entering the building.
I attach my photo from earlier this year.

Mike Pierry, Jr.

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 9:05 PM Jason Greene <jason.p.greene@...> wrote:
Actually, it is inside the museum. You can see it from the outside.

Jason Greene

On Sep 28, 2019, at 7:46 PM, Mike Pierry, Jr. <mpierryjr@...> wrote:

Have you considered visiting the Texas? It is displayed behind glass on the outside of the History Museum in Buckhead.

Mike Pierry, Jr.

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 4:49 PM David Friedlander <davidjfriedlander@...> wrote:
Hey all,

I am visiting Atlanta for a few days next week and on Thursday, I am planning to make a trip for the first time to the Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Railway_Museum

I plan to see everything thats publicly open, but is there anything I should make sure I don't miss?

If I have extra time, does anyone need any photos or measurements of anything at the museum?

Thanks,
David Friedlander