locked Re: WrightTrak modernized 40' box

George Eichelberger

Scott:

WrightTrak did two versions of rebuilt 40’ box cars: “XF” food service cars (green doors) and 40’ roof hatch cars. Both are excellent models although I did not use his underframe castings. I’ve attached a photo of Southern 32458 built from a WrightTrak kit. Notice the roof is modified correctly to make room for the hatches.

Gary plans to come to this weekend’s archives work session. He has located a few WrightTrak items we need to get “Southern Models” (?) organized and in production.

If anyone is seriously interested in helping, the revised version of the Southern 40’ box car book could be finished early next year.

Ike

On Oct 15, 2019, at 6:28 AM, D. Scott Chatfield <blindog@...> wrote:

I thought WrightTrak did a Southern Railway modernized 40-footer, but I don't think I ever saw one in the flesh.  What series did it represent?  A Berwick perhaps?  Is this one of the masters the Association bought?

Scott Chatfield