locked Time to reduce the memory used for attachments

George Eichelberger

All:

We will keep allowing attachments to posts but it is about time to delete attachments from earlier messages to reduce our storage at groups.io.

We think some of the past attachments have been of interest but we do not plan to archive them at groups.io.  I'll wait a few days in case anyone wants a copy of anything before doing any deleting. If possible, I'll only delete attachments from the oldest messages but keep the message body. If someone sees the message text in the future, whoever sent the attachment can re-send it later.

Ike
PS Do list members find the attachments useful? We will probably use the SRHA file server for (larger) attachments using links or a notice from posts here. That allows us to get around size limitations on groups.io