moderated Re: Vertagreen tank cars

D. Scott Chatfield

> Does anyone have a general arrangement diagram for these cars? The full length center sill and welded construction are definitely a unique features that could be modeled. I know SOU 992454 at Spencer is one of the members of this series.

These tanks are shortened versions of the diesel fuel tanks ACF built for the CB&Q and GN in the mid '60s.  In other words, Athearn's "62-foot tank car".  The tank barrel might be a tad slimmer.

I couldn't find a GA drawing for them in my ca-1970 GA book.  Something else to look for in the archives.  Couldn't make it this week.  Hope to be there next month.

Merry Christmas!

Scott Chatfield