locked Re: Cleaning out the accounting books

Stephen Warner

A similar thing occurred (or occurs) in MW&S during my time in the 70's and 80's.  We Track Supervisors were to report any track installed or retired on various "R Forms". This was to keep the ICC Valuation up to date going back to the original Chaining Notes walked/taken during the early 1900's (I saw notes take in WWI).  Mr. Rose had me audit the R Line to Augusta in '78.  I found numerous tracks taken up but still on the books (never retired - Ghost Tracks?)  and others installed with no record.  If I recall, the DE was no longer there sometime after....