locked Re: D.W. Brosnan and SR Operations- 1966

Rodney Shu

The "PCS" was my father, Paul Shu, General Manager - Western Lines in 1966.  You had to be pretty thicked skinned in those days.

Rodney Shu

From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io> on behalf of George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...>
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 10:08 AM
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Subject: [SouthernRailway] D.W. Brosnan and SR Operations- 1966

There are multiple files in SRHA archives box 612  labeled “Operating Conditions 1966”. They are in the Presidents’ files as virtually every detail of the operation of the Southern Railway was communicated to SR President DW Brosnan on a daily basis.

The files are not well organized but many reports show hand written notations by Mr. Brosnan that typically result in an “explanation” back to him from someone.

We can imagine receiving one of his notated reports would not make for a pleasant day for the recipient.

Here are two examples with Mr. Brosnan’s short (pithy?) comments….