From: George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...>
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Jan 2, 2020 10:47 am
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] The SCL Merger

Trackage rights for the CG from Albany to Tifton were apparently agreed to by SCL but not done?

Ike

On Jan 2, 2020, at 10:44 AM, Robert Hanson via Groups.Io <RHanson669@...> wrote:

To this day I wonder how many ICC commissioners the ACL and SAL paid off to get that kind of ruling.

It blows my mind that they were able to get the merger approved without giving up anything in the way of preserving competition.

I would have thought that they would have been forced to sell one of their Savannah-Jacksonville and Jacksonville-Tampa main lines along with other concessions elsewhere.

Just incredible.

Bob Hanson
Loganville, GA