From: Carl Ardrey <carlardrey2005@...>
To: main <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>; Ed Mims <wemims@...>
Sent: Sun, Feb 9, 2020 1:01 pm
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Pickens Railroad "Explorer"

Here it is in 1965 on the SAL.  Evidently, the motive power wasn't too reliable.
On February 9, 2020 at 10:25 AM Ed Mims <wemims@...> wrote:

Here is a photo that I took in the winter of 1965 as the X-plorer departed Augusta, GA. I don’t remember why is was there but know that it’s destination was Atlanta. You can see the small crowd that turned out to watch it pass by so it must have had some publicity. I don’t know why I was not at my duty station (Fort Gordon) unless this was on a Sunday. Fifty five years later I realize that I should have kept a note book but at my age then, I could remember these things.

Ed Mims