moderated Re: Southern Mine Directories?

D. Scott Chatfield

I gather some Alabama coal even made it as far west as the Colorado Fuel & Iron steel mill near Pueblo, Colorado.  I gather this didn't happen until the '60s, and perhaps was done only because mines in southern Colorado owned by CF&I were either on strike or had played out.  CF&I opened the Jensen Mine west of Trinidad by 1970 which supplied most of the mill's coal in later years.

The reports of Alabama coal to CF&I showed it moving in L&N hoppers.  Haven't heard of any Southern hoppers getting out there, but you know what "they" say....

Scott Chatfield