locked What was disposition of Harry Borsum's slide collection

Jim King

Ken Miller answered my question a few days ago re: O H (Harry) Borsum but didn’t know what happened to his slide collection.  Ken’s research indicates that Harry died in 1996 at the age of 75.  I have several of Harry’s Southern slides taken in Monroe during the late 60s and have seen his photos in several books, including SOU and N&W related ones.  He was an avid passenger train/car photographer.  I’ve been told he has a photo spread in Southern in Color Vol 3 showing an office car special on the Murphy Branch.  A copy of that book is in-transit to me now.

Does someone know what happened to Harry’s slide collection?  Did Morning Sun buy it?

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/