locked Re: What was disposition of Harry Borsum's slide collection

Bill Schafer

No - much earlier than that. November 24, 1963. The photographer chased the train from Almond to Enka on a glorious fall day.

Another photographer, David Salter, also chased that train - different year, I think, but same idea. Eastbound from Almond to Enka. I don’t think his images have been published, though the weather was similar to the 1963 photos.

—Bill

On Feb 20, 2020, at 2:14 PM, David Payne via Groups.Io <davidcofga@...> wrote:

Perhaps an office car special, but was that Harold Hall's "funeral train?"

David Payne

In a message dated 2/20/2020 10:57:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, jimking3@... writes:

I’ve been told he has a photo spread in Southern in Color Vol 3 showing an office car special on the Murphy Branch.  A copy of that book is in-transit to me now.