locked Re: Future Wax Use

George Eichelberger

Stuart:

It never changed. SouthernRailway@groups.io is new, not moved from anywhere. The home page description of the group:

"A group to discuss, ask questions and provide historical and modeling information about the Southern Railway System its predecessors and subsidiaries. It will also be used to publish and distribute drawings, notes, photos and correspondence from users and the Southern Railway Historical Association's archives at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in Chattanooga, TN.”

…includes “modeling” but I tried to write it so people would see “Southern Railway” as opposed to general modeling topics. I have nothing against modeling (CG combine “Ft. Mitchell” and other projects are in progress on my work bench right now) but the idea was to have that reside on the “ModelingTheSouthern.io” group. (I assume people have to subscribe to that group separately.) That is also a SRHA sponsored group with the idea that we could post drawings and information there that would be more useful to modelers than folks on this group.

I admit ModelingTheSouthern does not get as much attention as it should but if people ask questions about Southern prototypes, post photos of their models, etc., we can make more use of it. The criteria there should be accurate (SR) prototype modeling as we can without undue nit picking….but to include useful “rivet counting”?

Please…jump on ModelingTheSouthern and participate!

Ike

On Apr 10, 2020, at 10:05 AM, Stuart Thayer via groups.io <StuThayer@...> wrote:

Ike,

When did that change?  We used to have lots of modeling discussions on this list before it moved over to Groups.io.

Stuart Thayer

On Apr 10, 2020, at 8:27 AM, George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...> wrote:

Allen:

You are correct, this is not the place to ask modeling technique questions….

Ike

On Apr 9, 2020, at 11:51 PM, Allen Cain <Allencaintn@...> wrote:

This may be off topic but not sure where to ask this question.

When using Future Wax as a base for decals, what is the best way to apply it?
  • Brush on
  • Airbrush on
  • Spray on with a small pump sprayer?
And do I assume that you only apply it where a decal will be placed?

Pretty basic but I am new to this technique and appreciate any advice.  If off topic, please reply off list or suggest another list where I should post this, again, off list please to avoid cluttering things up.

Thanks in advance,

Allen Cain