locked 2019-4 TIES is at the printer

Bill Schafer

Many thanks to those on the list who came through with excellent photos and other information concerning Southern Railway’s aggregate hoppers, the first of which was constructed by the Greenville Steel Car Co. in 1970.

I just thought you’d like to know that the 2019-4 issue of SRHA’s TIES Magazine is now at the printer and (hopefully) will be received by SRHA members before the end of the year.

The contents of this issue include:

* Background and process of acquiring Southern’s first order of aggies in 1969-70. Includes stencil diagrams and general arrangement drawing
* Notes on the types of commodities hauled by the aggies in the Southern Railway era as well as origins-destinations
* Personal recollection and photos of a visit to the car builder in Greenville, Pa., in 1974
* Before and After - Limestone, Tenn.
* An account of the Grand (Re)Opening of Winston-Salem Union Station

 If I used an image or two in the article that you submitted to me, and you are not an SRHA member, I’ll send you a complimentary copy of TIES when I receive my supply of issues. Otherwise, 2019-4 TIES will be available from The Grab (http://www.srha.net/public/Grab/grab.asp) in January.

—Bill Schafer