From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Schafer
Sent: Saturday, October 6, 2018 10:40 AM
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io
Subject: [SouthernRailway] Whatever happened to SOU 390399?

We received an interesting question on the SRHA Facebook page: does anyone know what happened to SOU 390300, an Ortner rapid-discharge hopper? It was painted in a one-of-a-kind paint scheme for a little while. See attachment. What prompted this question was the recent restoration, by the North Carolina Transportation Museum, of SOU 550555, a 50' boxcar built in 1970, that was the 200,000th car outshopped by Pullman-Standard's Bessemer (Ala.) Works. 550555 was also painted in a unique scheme that lasted for at least a decade; this car's history will be featured in 2018-4 TIES, which, hopefully, will be mailed to SRHA members between Thanksgiving and Christmas.