Topics

locked WrightTrak modernized 40' box

D. Scott Chatfield

I thought WrightTrak did a Southern Railway modernized 40-footer, but I don't think I ever saw one in the flesh.  What series did it represent?  A Berwick perhaps?  Is this one of the masters the Association bought?

Scott Chatfield

James

Scott,

Best I remember you are correct in that there was a modernized 40ft kit made but I am not sure which variants.
I am going to Spencer today and I will take a pic of what Little Choo Choo has in stock.  Last time I was there they had several 40 ft kits for the food loading cars and the roof hatch car.

On Oct 15, 2019, at 6:28 AM, D. Scott Chatfield <blindog@...> wrote:

I thought WrightTrak did a Southern Railway modernized 40-footer, but I don't think I ever saw one in the flesh.  What series did it represent?  A Berwick perhaps?  Is this one of the masters the Association bought?

Scott Chatfield

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

George Eichelberger

Scott:

WrightTrak did two versions of rebuilt 40’ box cars: “XF” food service cars (green doors) and 40’ roof hatch cars. Both are excellent models although I did not use his underframe castings. I’ve attached a photo of Southern 32458 built from a WrightTrak kit. Notice the roof is modified correctly to make room for the hatches.

Gary plans to come to this weekend’s archives work session. He has located a few WrightTrak items we need to get “Southern Models” (?) organized and in production.

If anyone is seriously interested in helping, the revised version of the Southern 40’ box car book could be finished early next year.

Ike

On Oct 15, 2019, at 6:28 AM, D. Scott Chatfield <blindog@...> wrote:

I thought WrightTrak did a Southern Railway modernized 40-footer, but I don't think I ever saw one in the flesh.  What series did it represent?  A Berwick perhaps?  Is this one of the masters the Association bought?

Scott Chatfield

James

Scott,

Here is the photo I took at Little Choo Choo in Spencer, NC of their in stock Wright Trak kits.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC