locked Lynchburh

Carl Ardrey

Look at bottom right.  Chief Engineer Eastern Lines was HQ in Charlotte.

On December 3, 2019 at 11:13 AM Rodney Shu <rodshu@...> wrote:

I wonder why the attached drawing was revised in Charlotte? Danville Division headquarters was in Greensboro. Did the Charlotte Division handle engineering drawings for the Lynchburg area?
Rod Shu - Birmingham

From: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io> on behalf of George Eichelberger <geichelberger@...>
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 10:03 AM
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Lynchburh

There are presently 138 items in the Lynchburg, VA digital file, I have attached one example, a drawing revised Oct 28, 1952. It, like most of the Lynchburg scans is only IDd as “Lynchburg, VA3”.

There are presently 11,971 items in the “Photos and Drawings by Location” digital files, maybe 30% of them need to be looked at and have descriptions included in their file names and additional items scanned and added to the file.

This is an archives project we have simple not been able to get to….volunteers?

Ike

PS The “Diesel” file has 14,500 items, “Passenger” has 6,914, etc., etc.

Rodney Shu

I wonder why the attached drawing was revised in Charlotte? Danville Division headquarters was in Greensboro. Did the Charlotte Division handle engineering drawings for the Lynchburg area?
Rod Shu - Birmingham

There are presently 138 items in the Lynchburg, VA digital file, I have attached one example, a drawing revised Oct 28, 1952. It, like most of the Lynchburg scans is only IDd as “Lynchburg, VA3”.

There are presently 11,971 items in the “Photos and Drawings by Location” digital files, maybe 30% of them need to be looked at and have descriptions included in their file names and additional items scanned and added to the file.

This is an archives project we have simple not been able to get to….volunteers?

Ike

PS The “Diesel” file has 14,500 items, “Passenger” has 6,914, etc., etc.

George Eichelberger

There are presently 138 items in the Lynchburg, VA digital file, I have attached one example, a drawing revised Oct 28, 1952. It, like most of the Lynchburg scans is only IDd as “Lynchburg, VA3”.

There are presently 11,971 items in the “Photos and Drawings by Location” digital files, maybe 30% of them need to be looked at and have descriptions included in their file names and additional items scanned and added to the file.

This is an archives project we have simple not been able to get to….volunteers?

Ike

PS The “Diesel” file has 14,500 items, “Passenger” has 6,914, etc., etc.

Doug Alexander

Are you looking for just at Kemper Street, or beyond that?

Doug Alexander

Model Trains Department
HobbyTownUSA
840 Barrett Parkway NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144

Main   770-426-8800
Cell     404-272-2986

On Sunday, December 1, 2019, 10:37:15 PM EST, RamblingReck <ramblingreck@...> wrote:

Is anyone aware of published model track plans based on Lynchburg, VA?
--
John Ryan

RamblingReck