From: Marv Clemons <mclemonsjr@...>
To: main <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Dec 13, 2019 9:13 am
Subject: [SouthernRailway] Vertagreen tank cars

Back in the mid-60s Southern routinely handled several tank cars of Vertagreen liquid fertilizer on the rear of Nos 7 & 8, the KC-Florida Special, between Brunswick GA and Birmingham AL.  Does anyone know the history of these cars, more specifically the points of origin and destination?

Thanks,
Marv Clemons

Carl Ardrey

Vertagreen is Cherokee,AL.  Still in operation and a large customer.
CEA

On Dec 13, 2019, at 9:25 AM, Robert Hanson via Groups.Io <RHanson669@...> wrote:

Marv -

I recall seeing waybills on similar cars and the origin station was Vertagreen, AL.  Obviously, this was one of those stations that was, by rulebook definition, a place identified by name on the timetable, and not a town.

What the actual billing point was, I do not recall.

Bob Hanson