locked Albany and Northern

Sam Smith

I don't know about the Cordele end, but there was a farm fertilizer distributor on the Albany end. It was just on the north side of the liberty express way. I think it closed up in the early 1980's and is completely gone now.

I don't know if there was any thing north of that.

Samuel Smith

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:39 AM, Lee Bishop
<leebishop1944@...> wrote:
The Jim Boyd book, "Around Georgia 1968-1970" by Morning Sun books has some stuff about that line as well in it, if memory serves.

Lee Bishop

The Jim Boyd book, "Around Georgia 1968-1970" by Morning Sun books has some stuff about that line as well in it, if memory serves.

Tom Holley

Thanks to Charlie and Dave. I do have the Trains article...I forgot I had it!

Regards,

Tom Holley

Charles Powell

Tom,
There was an excellent article in the April 1969 edition of Trains Magazine by Jim Boyd on the Pidcock lines. It was done shortly after the Southern took over.
Charlie Powell

A&Y Dave in MD

I do not, but I recall reading about them somewhere, maybe a Southern Rails or Ties article?  I’ll see if I can find it somewhere.  Might have been one of my y’all road photo history books though. I couldn’t  replace all those after the fire.

Dave

Sent from Dave Bott' iPhone

On Nov 28, 2020, at 4:33 PM, Tom Holley via groups.io <th498@...> wrote:

Hello, list.

Is anyone here familiar with operations on the old Pidcock Lines Albany and Northern line (Cordele to Warwick, GA) after the Southern takeover?

Regards,

Tom Holley

Tom Holley