locked Name for Southern 2-10-2s

Ed Burnett

This is new to me also, but I appreciate that Mr. Harrison underlined the word "type". Indicating that "Santa Fe" was already the accepted name for that wheel arrangement and, maybe, implying that "E.H.C." should have known that! -Ed Burnett, Lynchburg, Virginia

On 04/12/2021 1:15 PM Robert Hanson via groups.io <rhanson669@...> wrote:

I hadn't heard of this, either, but you'll notice that Fairfax Harrison pretty well nixed the idea.

Bob Hanson
Loganville, GA

-----Original Message-----
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Apr 12, 2021 1:10 pm
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Name for Southern 2-10-2s

No Sir, I have not heard that one.  I won't swear to it but I'm almost certain that it's not in Prince's book or Ranks and Lowe either. 
Rick

To: main@southernrailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Apr 12, 2021 9:52 am
Subject: [SouthernRailway] Name for Southern 2-10-2s

From the SRHA archives (Box 338 File 8778 USRA equipment), here are two teletype messages from 8-17-1917. I don’t think I have heard this tidbit before?

Ike

Robert Hanson

I hadn't heard of this, either, but you'll notice that Fairfax Harrison pretty well nixed the idea.

Bob Hanson
Loganville, GA

To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Apr 12, 2021 1:10 pm
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] Name for Southern 2-10-2s

No Sir, I have not heard that one.  I won't swear to it but I'm almost certain that it's not in Prince's book or Ranks and Lowe either. 
Rick

From the SRHA archives (Box 338 File 8778 USRA equipment), here are two teletype messages from 8-17-1917. I don’t think I have heard this tidbit before?

Ike

rwbrv4

Rick

Ike

George Eichelberger

Ike