locked Cowboy Mintz

Bill Schafer

For an upcoming article in TIES, I’m trying to find a photo of Harold Duane “Cowboy” Mintz in his full Southern Railway uniform. B&W or color. If you can help, send it to editor@....

Thanks.

—Bill Schafer

john w coniglio

I photographed him on a TV/SR Atlanta trip, early 80s, but not sure which year, which will make it the dickens to find in sheets of negatives. But I'll start shaking the bushes this weekend (after my day job is done). If you score, please advise so I can call off the posse. I recall he wore a large cowboy hat while on duty.

--
John W. Coniglio
Read my most recent books, available at

Life's too short to shoot cheap film
facebook
https://www.facebook.com/john.w.coniglio

website: http://www.steamvalley.net

Robert Hanson

I rode a steam trip that he worked in the late 1970's (behind the 610, I believe.)

Cowboy did, indeed, wear a black Stetson-style hat with a gold hat braid (rope?) around the crown and the standard "Southern Railway Conductor" hat badge on it.  This along with a standard SR passenger conductor's uniform.

Needless to say, he looked sharp!

Sadly, I did not get a photo of him in his regalia.

Bob Hanson
Loganville, GA