Topics

locked Demonstration of Locomotive to Southern Railways

Charles Harris

Hi

Asked a similar question a year or two back, but just to refresh ---

Please  view the attached doc and the article in the Atlanta Constitution Newspaper re the Ingalls 4-S demonstration to several railroads.
To date I have not found any of the 'Proceedings of the Southern Southwestern Railway Club for 1946.  Can anyone help?

Also I would expect (if I am lucky) that in the Southern Railway archives there would be a 'report' and/or evaluation of the demonstration at Atlanta at that time. To Ike and everyone involved in logging all the archives info, keep and eye out for me.   I would join you but alas I live far away in New Zealand.

So basically any info that refers to the Ingalls 4-S is of interest.   February here in NZ already.

Thankyou
Charles Harris