locked Heavy Weight NO&NE 5400

Kevin von der Lippe

Does anyone know of a list of all heavyweight Pullman sleepers acquired by the Southern in 1948 as part of the Pullman antitrust case settlement — and which sleepers were assigned to which subsidiary?

I have seen a photo of NO&NE 5400, a heavyweight sleeper that appears to be a 10 section - 2 compartment - 1 drawing room sleeper (probably a “Lake” series car) but the name is not visible in the photo and I would like a little bit more of its history.

Thanks,

Kevin von der Lippe
Oak Ridge, NC

TIM ANDREWS

According to Wayner the NONE cars were 4500s and the passenger car diagrams that show the Pullman cars do not show anything in the 5400s.

4500 was a 10Sec1Dr 2Cmpt car plan 2585D lot 4592 built between 10/20 and 12/20.  It was named Fort Thomas.

On Monday, November 29, 2021, 06:04:40 PM EST, Kevin von der Lippe <kevin.vonderlippe@...> wrote:

Does anyone know of a list of all heavyweight Pullman sleepers acquired by the Southern in 1948 as part of the Pullman antitrust case settlement — and which sleepers were assigned to which subsidiary?

I have seen a photo of NO&NE 5400, a heavyweight sleeper that appears to be a 10 section - 2 compartment - 1 drawing room sleeper (probably a “Lake” series car) but the name is not visible in the photo and I would like a little bit more of its history.

Thanks,

Kevin von der Lippe
Oak Ridge, NC

Donnie Dixon

Kevin

Hope this helps

Donnie Dixon

On 11/29/2021 6:04 PM, Kevin von der Lippe wrote:

Does anyone know of a list of all heavyweight Pullman sleepers acquired by the Southern in 1948 as part of the Pullman antitrust case settlement — and which sleepers were assigned to which subsidiary?

I have seen a photo of NO&NE 5400, a heavyweight sleeper that appears to be a 10 section - 2 compartment - 1 drawing room sleeper (probably a “Lake” series car) but the name is not visible in the photo and I would like a little bit more of its history.

Thanks,

Kevin von der Lippe
Oak Ridge, NC

Kevin von der Lippe

Donnie,

Thank you—what a great list!

Kevin von der Lippe

Oak Ridge, NC

Ed Burnett

Wow! Donnie, thanks for posting this! -Ed Burnett, Lynchburg, VIRGINIA