locked Hell Gate Bridge

George Eichelberger

By now, I probably should not be surprised at the variety of material I find in the Southern Railway Presidents’ files in the SRHA archives. I suspect we do not realize how important passenger revenue was to the Southern before the Depression, and how much advertising the railroad did to promote it.

Here are two pages of a four-page brochure on the Hell Gate Bridge. Has anyone seen it before or are there other, similar items in anyone’s collection?

Ike

PS We are anticipating scheduling an archives work session the third weekend of June (Fri and Sat) if conditions and restrictions in Chattanooga/Hamilton County change. Check the SRHA web site www.srha.net.