Topics

moderated Industries between Morristown and Asheville.

I was curious if anyone had a list of industries between Morristown and Asheville. That line intrigued me ( oldest kid lived near it for a few years ) and I would like to know more about it.

thanks in advance

Todd P

Tim

 A good place to start is a Tennessee Division employee timetable (ETT) for the period you're interested in. Look for the "Business Tracks and Stations Not Shown ..." table near the back of the ETT. The only downfall is that won't list businesses that are in the listed towns (stations).

Tim Rumph
Lancaster, SC

Robert Hanson

Another would be an Industrial Directory, of you can find one.

It would list the businesses in each town, what they shipped/received, and, if the town was served by more than one railroad, the road on which it was located and whether or not the business was open to reciprocal switching.

Bob Hanson
Loganville, GA