locked Looking for Streamlined Observation Car Drumhead pictures

Rob Wingo

I see about 10 years ago someone asked about Drumhead pictures.  I am in process of designing some streamliner decals for all the Southern trains.  I was going to issue a standard car decal which does 6 cars with numbers, good for modern repaints with the logo and then issue named sets for each train.  It would be nice to include the drumheads for each.  I searched all my ties mags back to 2015 and didn't find any other than some small crescent ones.
Thanks,
Rob

Michael Cathey

Seems like the Archives was selling large copies (11”x17”?) through The Grab some years ago, Southerner, Tennessean, Crescent.

Couldn’t locate my copies on first search (for the drawing numbers). I like to think I would have purchased all three.

Mike in Orange

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

George Eichelberger

All three drawings are in the archives. We have not made more copies for sale since moving the Grab from Spencer to Chattanooga. As we return to train shows and RPM meets, we will start selling them again. The SR diesel paint and stencil drawings were also quite popular as were various General Arrangement drawings.

We can also make the various “Plan Packs” available again. Each included around twenty drawings (tabloid size) on a single Southern car. Quite a few people purchased them when they bought the corresponding WrightTrak kit. I expect we will see both categories available again some time this year.

Ike

On Apr 14, 2021, at 10:17 PM, Michael Cathey via groups.io <mike76cathey@...> wrote:

Seems like the Archives was selling large copies (11”x17”?) through The Grab some years ago, Southerner, Tennessean, Crescent.
Couldn’t locate my copies on first search (for the drawing numbers). I like to think I would have purchased all three.
Mike in Orange

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rob Wingo

It would be great to get those back in the grab again.