locked [ModelingTheSouthern] Taking reservations for SOU G82/NS GS50 chip gon rerun

George Eichelberger

Curt:

The New Car Program (NCP) file for these cars is probably in the archives. If someone will remember, we can look to find delivery dates, etc. at next week’s archives work session. Here is a reduced size/dpi copy of Ortner drawing OC-482, the stencil layout for these cars. (The quality of the drawing is rather poor, typical of a number of car orders just before the NS merger. We may have these drawings only on aperture card microfilm as there is not a Southern tracing in the scanned files….also typical of cars ordered through the 70s.

The drawing date is 3-15-80. The earliest photo (of 139815, looking quite clean and new) is by Marvin Black, taken in Greensboro 4-15-81

Ike

PS This morning, the dates for the joint 2022 SRHA-L&NHS convention at TVRM were finalized to start Thursday Sep. 29 to Saturday Oct 1. A “Railroad Prototype Modelers” meet will be held with the convention. (Please send a note to archives@... if you might be willing to help or present a modeling or prototype clinic.)

More information will follow soon….(get your models ready!)

On Feb 8, 2022, at 1:04 PM, Curt Fortenberry <curtfortenberry@...> wrote:

When did Southern first get these?  I can't read the dates in the photos.

Curt Fortenberry