Topics

moderated Need SOUTHERN block lettering height

Jim King

What is the height of SOUTHERN and main road number used on 41-6 low side gons?  I’ve guesstimated the height based on the carbody height but never have seen a stenciling diagram for this car.  I have letters and numbers designed, just need to verify height to wrap up decal artwork.

Does SRHA have a stenciling diagram for 57000- and 58000-series with block font?  I don’t have a drawing number.

Jim King

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

--
Jim King
www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

George Eichelberger

Jim:

Not a particularly “pretty” drawing. As the SR did with repaints, it is a “generic” drawing rather than one for different car series but the dimensions are readable. Always measuring up from the side sill and using the car’s center line provides for different car dimensions.

Please remember to credit SRHA.

Ike

On Apr 24, 2019, at 12:34 PM, Jim King <jimking3@...> wrote:

What is the height of SOUTHERN and main road number used on 41-6 low side gons?  I’ve guesstimated the height based on the carbody height but never have seen a stenciling diagram for this car.  I have letters and numbers designed, just need to verify height to wrap up decal artwork.

Does SRHA have a stenciling diagram for 57000- and 58000-series with block font?  I don’t have a drawing number.

Jim King

--
Jim King
www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

Jim King

Ike,

I can’t open this file, only copy it and can’t enlarge.  Please send directly to me as an attachment, not embedded in the email.  Thanks.

Jim King

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

--
Jim King
www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

Jim King

Ike … I went to the .IO web site and got the drawing that way.  No need to resend to me as attachment.  Outlook 365 is weird when it comes to attachments.  SRHA is being credited with MOST of the info I’m using to finish the O scale gon … just as I did with the HO and S kits from 10+ years ago.  Thanks for sending … this gives me everything I need.