locked New River Railroad

David Kinser <davidkinser1973@...>

Looking for info on the New River railway after SR takeover up to abandonment.  Need info on what engines were used and pics of coal loaders 

Ron Stafford

I was holding back on answering, this hoping that someone other than myself might have better information and/or photos.

To the best of my knowledge Alco S2's and (later) EMD SW1's and NW2's were the normal power on New River after the SOU took over.

As for the various coal loaders, I shot the remains of three of them back in the early 2000's (photo's attached). The first one is what remains of a truck dump at Hughett on the short spur.

Second photo is of the loadout at Brimstone siding.

Third photo is of the loadout at Sterling siding.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
To: main@southernrailway.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Aug 16, 2022 10:45 am
Subject: [SouthernRailway] New River Railroad

Looking for info on the New River railway after SR takeover up to abandonment.  Need info on what engines were used and pics of coal loaders 

Ron Stafford

Apparently my photos didn't attach in the order that I had planned on them doing so.

227102 is at Brimstone siding.

227104 is at Sterling siding.

387110 is at Hughett.

Ron

To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Aug 18, 2022 1:53 am
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] New River Railroad

I was holding back on answering, this hoping that someone other than myself might have better information and/or photos.

To the best of my knowledge Alco S2's and (later) EMD SW1's and NW2's were the normal power on New River after the SOU took over.

As for the various coal loaders, I shot the remains of three of them back in the early 2000's (photo's attached). The first one is what remains of a truck dump at Hughett on the short spur.

Ron

David Kinser <davidkinser1973@...>

Thank you Ron Stafford. Only have seen one train on that line couldn't get pics it was a GP38 pushing 5 loads over US27 bridge 

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022, 12:58 AM Ron Stafford via groups.io <wag2200=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Apparently my photos didn't attach in the order that I had planned on them doing so.

227102 is at Brimstone siding.

227104 is at Sterling siding.

387110 is at Hughett.

Ron

From: Ron Stafford via groups.io <wag2200=verizon.net@groups.io>
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io <main@SouthernRailway.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Aug 18, 2022 1:53 am
Subject: Re: [SouthernRailway] New River Railroad

Ron