Topics

locked Passenger car documentation in the SRHA archives

George Eichelberger

I have been scanning documents in the archives on the 1949 order for cars for the Crescent. Here are three examples that tell their own story. Although I do not know how many Budd drawings we have, none are on microfilm, I am looking for drawings lists we can use to start to organize the hard copy drawings. I’m interested in the Budd material because I am working on a number of different models and I’d like to locate any that could be useful as TVRM restores and works on the Southern Budd diner they purchased from Amtrak. We’ll do an article on the diners in TIES and work on a plan to package drawings for people that may want to do some models themselves. (Underfloor passenger car equipment layouts have been the hardest to locate.)

Someone may know if the L&N and the A&WP adopted the Budd designs?

The attachement to this letter might be what you’re looking for.  It’s a drawing of the Budd-built dining cars # 3305-3312.  I couldn’t find one for the single ordered #3869.

Ed Locklin at mp367.

I have been scanning documents in the archives on the 1949 order for cars for the Crescent. Here are three examples that tell their own story. Although I do not know how many Budd drawings we have, none are on microfilm, I am looking for drawings lists we can use to start to organize the hard copy drawings. I’m interested in the Budd material because I am working on a number of different models and I’d like to locate any that could be useful as TVRM restores and works on the Southern Budd diner they purchased from Amtrak. We’ll do an article on the diners in TIES and work on a plan to package drawings for people that may want to do some models themselves. (Underfloor passenger car equipment layouts have been the hardest to locate.)

Someone may know if the L&N and the A&WP adopted the Budd designs?

Well, I got in a hurry and forgot the attachment.  Here it is.

Ed Locklin at mp367.

I have been scanning documents in the archives on the 1949 order for cars for the Crescent. Here are three examples that tell their own story. Although I do not know how many Budd drawings we have, none are on microfilm, I am looking for drawings lists we can use to start to organize the hard copy drawings. I’m interested in the Budd material because I am working on a number of different models and I’d like to locate any that could be useful as TVRM restores and works on the Southern Budd diner they purchased from Amtrak. We’ll do an article on the diners in TIES and work on a plan to package drawings for people that may want to do some models themselves. (Underfloor passenger car equipment layouts have been the hardest to locate.)

Someone may know if the L&N and the A&WP adopted the Budd designs?

Ike