Topics

locked Questions about Southern SDs

Al Collins

Being relatively new to researching Southern, would anyone happen to have answers for the following questions:

Were the 35/40/40-2/45s all equipped with low idle?

Did they have dual control stands or except for the 35s, was the long hood always considered "front"?

Is there a spotting feature for determining if one was a lococontrol master? Extra firecracker antenna?

Were groups of them assigned to specific divisions or would they roam system wide?

I know the SD40-2s had P3s then P5 in the last batch. What did the 35s, 40/45s have?

Did Southern use steel or bronze bells?

As always, any other information regarding these units would be welcome as well.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks,

Alex

Robert Graham

Mr. Collins:

Answers to your queries below in UPPER CASE as I know them.

Bob Graham

From: Don Usak <donusak@...>
Date: 2020-08-06 00:31 (GMT-05:00)
To: main@SouthernRailway.groups.io